A brief chronicle of my new life in Michigan, focusing on the fact that I live in a converted factory loft building with several hundered other "young professionals." Yeah, it's a yuppie dorm.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Rejection, in retrospect, was a good thing

While watching all the coverage of Katrina, several thoughts kept occurring to me:
  • Why, when the hurricane was approaching, did so many CNN reporters feel the need to stand outside and report? I would have believed them that the rain/wind was ferocious. Really, I would have.
  • Why were the anchorpeople so superior in attitude? They kept berating the people who didn't evacuate -- I couldn't help thinking that many of those people in New Orleans, especially, were so poor that they didn't have cars.
  • A year and a half ago, I had an interview for a teaching position at a New Orleans college. I have, over the past few days, been repeatedly overjoyed that they never asked me back for a follow up interview.